welcome to the d.c. booth historic national fish hatchery & archives
EXPLORE D.C. Booth Fish Hatchery
- Hatchery Grounds: Open year round from dawn to dusk.
- Historic Buildings & Gift Shop: Open 9-6 Jun – August. Shortened hours during May and September.
- Directions to D.C. Booth Fish Hatchery at bottom of page.
- See YOU SOON!
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
Being safe on our refuges and hatcheries
Although most refuge lands and outdoor spaces have remained open for the public to enjoy, we encourage you to:
- Check local conditions on this website and call ahead for current information
- Follow current CDC safe practices by maintaining a safe distance between yourself and other groups
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Most importantly, stay home if you feel sick
For more information visit our FWS Coronavirus webpage.
Ruby’s Garden Events
Ruby’s Garden provides an enchanting setting for your wedding ceremony. Nestled behind the historic Booth House on the grounds of the D.C. Booth Historic National Fish Hatchery in Spearfish, SD, the garden features an oval lawn bordered by a rustic flagstone walkway and landscaped flowerbeds. The Booth House balcony provides shade for the back porch that opens out onto the lawn, which stretches towards a vine-covered pergola on the other end. Private garden space available May through September.
Get on the List
Sign up for updates!
Include your name, number, address and email. Email required.
From I-90 Interstate: Take Exit 12, travel West on Jackson Blvd, Turn left on Canyon St, Continue south six blocks to City Park.
From Spearfish Canyon: Hwy 14A– Turn left at stoplight on Colorado Blvd, Turn left on Hudson St, Turn left on Canyon St.
NOTE: Spearfish Canyon via Winterville Rd. to Canyon Street is closed to thru traffic during summer months, as noted on map.
The D.C. Booth Fish Hatchery strives to create and foster an inclusive experience for all visitors, volunteers and employees. We wish for the hatchery to be a safe and healthy environment. Therefore, we have a zero tolerance policy toward discrimination of any kind. We will NOT tolerate discrimination of individuals based upon their race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, and sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation). Allegations of discrimination should be reported to the Hatchery Manager or available Hatchery staff as soon as possible. Reports and situations will be handled promptly and professionally.