Learn & Explore
at D.C. Booth
Did you know the Hatchery has scavenger hunts! There are several hunts to chose from. Make your visit extra ordinary with one of these learning adventures! Stop by the Gift Shop or Office to grab these specially designed scavenger hunts!
Agents of Discovery
Agents of Discovery connects youth to nature and their communities through engaging augmented reality experiences that heighten conservation awareness and increase visitor enjoyment.
Agents of Discovery is committed to ensuring you have fun on the go, regardless of your mobile connectivity. While still connected to WiFi, make sure to download our app for free from the App Store or Google Play, along with any of the Missions you wish to play. After downloading, you can head out on an adventure without having to worry about data usage or connectivity.
Learn about our trout!
Did you know about The Hatchery Fish?
- There are 4 species of trout at the Hatchery: Rainbow, Brown, Cutthroat, and Brook.
- The average age of fish is 8 years old! (Oldest 12-15 years old and youngest is 3-4 years old.)
- Fish get sick like people.
- The best food is bugs or fish food, NO BREAD/CORN!
- The water’s temp is 32 degrees in the winter and 60 degrees in the summer. It flows from Spearfish Creek.